Quail is a migratory bird, it is like a summer guest that arrives on April and leaves on December. It lives in the fields and it can never be found in forests or in the trees.
Its color is usually brown-grey with longitudinal and cross yellow stripes. Quail hunting is practiced only with arête. We think that this kind of hunting is the most beautiful and ethic in the same time. The hunt of the quail in Romania with arête dogs is a privilege, and, happily, this kind of hunting of quail in Romania is still possible in its purest way, thanks to the natural conditions – wild fields rich in hunt and plenty of areas still untouched by man. The best time is after 25 of August until 15 of September.
The quail hunt is done in early morning and afternoon Is possible to organize dove hunt in the afternoon as well.
Most of our hunting areas are on the migration territories where the birds can find seeds and moisture, a perfect habitat. One of hunting area is located 1 hour and 45 minutes from Bucharest International Airport and another one in the West part of Romania. The arrival airport is Cluj-Napoca.
Price and condition
Included in the price:
- 3 days of hunting (1 guide per 2 hunters)
- All transport in Romania
- 4 night’s accommodation (single occupancy) on full board basis excluding drinks
- Interpreter throughout your stay
- Romanian hunting license
- Hunting Third Party Liability insurance
- Use of our dogs if available
- Accommodation, food and veterinary assistant for your dogs.
- Flights to Romania
- Rental of the firearm at 35 euros per day if necessary.
- Cancellation, evacuation and repatriation insurance
- Drinks, extras and personal expenses